Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A suit to suit...

I started making this suit a few years ago, when my parents gave me a few sewing lessons as a birthday present.
When the lessons finished, the suit got put on hold - probably because I had gifts to finish, as I usually do. I finally picked it back up in September or October, and today I finished the last of the hem, and it is done.
I know it's a bit fanciful, and I do feel a little swamped in fabric - I probably won't often wear the pieces together.
It's a 100% acrylic linen look, which I'm not too thrilled about, as I prefer natural fibres. But I love the details - the flaps on the back
and the buttons on the cuffs.

1 comment:

Trailing Spouse said...

I love the colour of the fabric. Well done. :)