Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Jill's birthday

Sunday was my best friend, Jill's, birthday, and she had a high tea in celebration. To help limit costs and stress, she asked her guests to contribute. She specifically asked me for my chocolate chip cookies, and cinnamon honey cake for her birthday cake. Then I couldn't resist and had to make chocolate butterfly cakes too.
It was a lovely afternoon. We stuffed ourselves silly on sweet things, and had hours to chat. I can't think of a better way to spend a birthday.
Oh, and this blog has already inspired someone! It inspired my friend, Sally, to start her own blog. Check out Earthbound Shaman in my blog list.

My chocolate chip cookies!
Brightly coloured patty pans. Andrew laughed at me when I got him to take a photo of these "because they're pretty and they make me happy"
Cinnamon honey cake, with lemon icing
Butterfly cakes - samples for Mum and the neighbours. I put the rest together at Jill's place as they were easier to transport that way.
The tea table. Doesn't it look pretty?

1 comment:

Erin said...

Ooo, it all looks so good. And I totally understand about the patty papers making you feel happy - I agree!